We’re here to help you.
A dental or orthodontic emergency often requires the advice and care of an expert. However, if you need emergency orthodontic care at home, there are things you can do to make the process easier. Our team at Urban Orthodontics is highly skilled at resolving any orthodontic issue you might have. The key to handling orthodontic emergencies is to contact us as soon as possible.
What Is Considered an Orthodontic Emergency?
Dental emergencies come in many different forms. Some common emergencies include traumatic injuries like a chipped or lost tooth or a wound to the gums.
Orthodontic emergencies can include broken brackets or other appliances, pain caused by a wire or appliance, or even a swallowed bracket or appliance.
Home Remedies for Common Emergencies
Fortunately, there are simple things you can do to help alleviate some common emergencies:
- Use wax to relieve pain from a poking wire.
- Use a rinse for general pain or discomfort.
- Take the proper dose of an over-the-counter pain medication for harsher pain.
When Should I Visit the Orthodontist?
For emergencies like a loose wire or appliance, you will likely need to contact the orthodontist for professional help. Fortunately, Dr. Chelian is among the most skilled emergency orthodontists in New Jersey. Our team is always ready to take your call to give you the help you need.
If you have an orthodontic emergency, please consider taking photos and sending them to us to evaluate. We have used this strategy virtually and remotely to help many of our patients. To do so, simply follow these steps:
- Using clean hands and two clean spoons, pull open your lips and cheeks for a clear view of your teeth where the issue has occurred.
- Have someone take pictures focusing on the teeth (not your face).
- Take additional pictures from other angles and to show your bite.
- Text or email the pictures to our office so Dr. Chelian can see the issue.
Call Our Emergency Orthodontist Today!
The Urban Orthodontics team is always ready to help. We will get your dental or orthodontic emergency handled as soon as possible. Even if the issue seems minor, you are always welcome to give us a call for the advice and care you need. Contact us today!